Teacher Leader Certificate
The Teacher Leader Certificate will prepare exemplary educators, with a dedication for transformational leadership, agency and learning. There are many educators who want to hold leadership positions within their buildings in ways that are closely connected with student and teacher learning. Possible candidates for this program include those seeking building leadership, coaching, or mentoring roles outside the realm or scope of a principalship or district administrator. The community benefits by having educators in schools who serve as teachers and leaders to increase the effectiveness of schools and districts in supporting student learning and development.
Students may complete the program as a stand-alone certificate or combine the certificate with another certificate for an M.Ed.
The Teacher Leader Certificate program consists of five courses:
- EDU613: Educational Leadership Theory and Practice (Fall)
- EDU617: Educators as Leaders (Fall)
- EDU624: Policy, Advocacy and Contemporary Issues in Education (Spring)
- EDU684: Graduate Internship for Teacher Leaders (Spring)
- EDU699: Promoting Authentic Learning through Theory of Action (Summer)
Fridays 5–9 p.m. | Saturdays 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- September 11-12, 2020
- October 9-10, 2020
- November 13-14, 2020
- January 15-16, 2021
- February 12-13, 2021
- March 12-13, 2021
- April 9-10, 2021