Elementary Mathematics Certificate
Develop your expertise in mathematics to facilitate students' understanding of mathematics
The elementary mathematics certificate program is a 15-credit program for the development of elementary mathematics specialists. This program follows a professional learning community model, with online learning opportunities to support elementary teachers' engagement and empowerment.
Through this program, you will acquire the habits of mind of a mathematical thinker and use mathematical practices to improve instruction in the elementary classroom. Enhance your content knowledge in numbers and operations, algebraic thinking, measurement and data and geometry.
- Courses are specially timed in summer with weekend delivery options during fall and spring terms
The following courses meet the graduate level requirements for the Elementary Mathematics Certificate:
- EDU618: Mathematical Reasoning and Leadership for Elementary Specialists: K-5 Learning Trajectories (3 credits)
- EDU619: Numbers and Operations: K-5 Mathematical Tasks (3 credits)
- EDU627: Algebraic Reasoning: K-5 Discourse and Questioning (3 credits)
- EDU628: Measurement and Data: K-5 Equity and Technology (3 credits)
- EDU629: Geometry and Spatial Reasoning: K-5 Assessment (3 credits)
Fridays 5–9 p.m. | Saturdays 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- September 18-19, 2020
- October 16-17, 2020
- November 20-21, 2020
- January 15-16, 2021
- February 19-20, 2021
- March 19-20, 2021
- April 16-17, 2021